1. Dogs offer invisible shield against threatening health issues. There are several other aspects than offering companionship or sharing mental or emotional burden. The noticeable contribution to our health is: Lower blood pressure, decreased cholesterol and better cardiovascular health. Studies have proved that dog owners have lesser chances of heart attack, make quicker recovery and higher survival percentage.
2. Walk yourself every morning. Now either you can do it alone or accompany someone. The human partner is subject to several situations. What about a dog? A dog would not fall ill to excuses, slept late excuses’, work pressure excuses’. Studies have shown that dog owners are likely to achieve the required amount of exercise week in, week out. The good part is that it would help you to stay active and fit in old age too.
3. No other family member could help to reduce stress like a dog. Talk about the demons of blood pressure and anxiety and dog is our saviour. People assigned with high stress level tasks handle pressure a lot better with dogs sitting around to those who don’t have dogs or other pets around. Married couples have found dogs to be a healing force during tough times.
4. Old people have a strong case to keep dogs as pets. Old age dog owners are considered to have a healthier lifestyle. They make fewer visits to medical facilities to fellow citizens without dogs. Keeping pets such as birds, cats are considered beneficial however dogs have an advantage over them.
5. Dogs help old age people to have a realistic purpose, objective in life. Dogs reduce the signs of loneliness, isolation in old age. They help us to stay busy and organize things. We often see how old age causes loss of meaning in life. Dog is the right companion to say the least.
Wed, Oct 24, 2018 12:31 PM